MSDN,THE MICROSOFT DEVELOPER NETWORK SUBSCRIPTION
IMPORTANT —READ CAREFULLY:This End-User License Agreement ("EULA" )is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity)and Microsoft Corporation for the Microsoft software product identified above,which includes computer software and may include associated media,printed materials,and "online" or electronic documentation (("Product").An amendment or addendum to this EULA may accompany the Product.YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS EULA BY INSTALLING,COPYING,OR OTHERWISE USING THE PRODUCT.IF YOU DO NOT AGREE,DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE PRODUCT;YOU MAY RETURN IT TO YOUR PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR A FULL REFUND.In addition,by installing,copying,or otherwise using subscription updates that you receive as part of the Product ("UPDATES"),you agree to be bound by the additional license terms that accompany such UPDATES.If you do not agree to the additional license terms that accompany such UPDATES,you may not install,copy,or use such UPDATES.
The Product is licensed through MSDN,the Microsoft Developer Network Subscription Program ("MSDN Subscription Program").
1. Applicability Of License.Depending on the subscription level you have chosen,the Product may consist of product documentation,sample applications,books and periodicals,tools and utilities,miscellaneous technical information,operating systems,development toolkits,server applications,and development tools (each a"COMPONENT," and collectively, "COMPONENTS," of the Product));the Product may include groups of COMPONENTS identified as any one or more of the following:Library,Platforms,Server Products,Applications,and Developer Tools.This EULA defines your rights to the COMPONENTS you have elected to receive as part of your subscription to the MSDN Subscription Program.
3. Effect of Licenses contained in COMPONENTS. COMPONENTS that you receive as part of the Product may have their own licenses (each, a "Component Agreement").In the event of inconsistencies between this EULA and any Component Agreement,the terms of the Component Agreement shall control except in the following instances:
a. For all of the Product,Section 4 of this EULA shall control; and
b. For all COMPONENTS included in Server Products, (including but not limited to,Windows NT Server and Windows 2000 Server)and Platforms, all provisions of this EULA shall control.
4. Additional Rights And Limitations —General.
4.1 Limitation On Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly.You may not reverse engineer,decompile,or disassemble the Product, except and only to the extent that it is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
4.2 Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, Microsoft may cancel this EULA if you do not abide by the terms and conditions of this EULA, in which case you must destroy all copies of the Product and all of its component parts.
4.3 Consent To Use Of Data. You agree that Microsoft and its affiliates may collect and use technical information you provide as a part of support services related to the Product. Microsoft agrees not to use this information in a form that personally identifies you.
4.4 Not For Resale Software. Products identified as "Not for Resale" or "NFR" may not be resold, transferred, or used for any purpose other than demonstration, testing, or evaluation.
4.6 Export Restrictions.You acknowledge that the Product is subject to U.S.export jurisdiction.You agree to comply with all applicable international and national laws that apply to the Product, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use and destination restrictions issued by U.S.and other governments.For additional information see http://www.microsoft.com/exporting/.
4.9 Production Use.The Product may only be used for development purposes as described in this EULA and may not be used in a production environment, unless such use is allowed under the terms of the Component Agreement delivered with the respective COMPONENT and is not superseded by Section 3 of this EULA.
4.10 Prerelease Code. Portions of the Product may be identified as prerelease code ("Prerelease Code"). Such Prerelease Code is not at the level of performance and compatibility of the final, generally available product offering.The Prerelease Code may not operate correctly and may be substantially modified prior to first commercial shipment. Microsoft is not obligated to make this or any later version of the Prerelease Code commercially available. The grant of license to use Prerelease Code expires upon availability of a commercial release of the Prerelease Code from Microsoft.
4.11 Update License Terms. All UPDATES shall be considered part of the Product and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA. Additional license terms may accompany UPDATES (as defined in the first paragraph of this EULA). By installing,copying,or otherwise using any UPDATE,you agree to be bound by the terms accompanying each such UPDATE. If you do not agree to the additional license terms accompanying such UPDATES, do not install, copy, or otherwise use such UPDATES.
4.12 Testing . "Testing" as defined in this EULA does NOT include staging in a production environment such as loading content on a staging server prior to production use..
5. Licenses Applicable to Library, Platforms, Applications, and Developer Tools, collectively the"Desktop Test Platforms."
5.2 MSDN Library —Additional Rights and Restrictions.
a. Documentation. For the Library,Microsoft grants you a worldwide, nonexclusive, nontransferable, royalty-free right to make, use, and install an unlimited number of copies of the Library solely for internal use by an unlimited number of end users so long as: (i)such end users are persons who are generally granted access to your internal network; (ii)such copies shall be used only for internal purposes and are not to be republished or distributed (either in hard copy or electronic form)beyond your premises.
b. Sample Code included in Library (collectively,"Library Sample Code"). Provided that you comply with the terms of Section 8.1 , Microsoft grants you the following nonexclusive, royalty-free rights: (i)to use and modify the source code version of, and reproduce and distribute the object code version of, those portions of the Library Sample Code identified as sample code within the documentation and/or in the"sample code" directory ((exclusive of .dll files); and (ii) to reproduce and distribute the object code version of the .dll files included as part of the Library Sample Code, solely in conjunction with a software product developed by you that adds primary and significant functionality to the Library Sample Code.
6. Microsoft Windows NT Workstation and Windows 2000 Professional. In addition to the restrictions described in the Component Agreement that accompanies Windows NT Workstation and the Component Agreement that accompanies Windows 2000 Professional,the following restrictions also apply with respect to Windows NT Workstation and Windows 2000 Professional: Each copy of these COMPONENTS may be used by no more than two (2)processors of each computer on which such copy is installed. You may use the Product as interactive workstation software on each computer on which the Product is installed (a "Workstation Computer"),but not as server software.
7. Licenses Applicable to Server Products. In general,the COMPONENTS of Server Products may only be used by you for purposes of designing, developing, testing, and demonstrating your software products; such COMPONENTS may not be used for production use or deployed for any other purposes. Specifically,Microsoft grants you the following rights to the COMPONENTS included in the Server Products portion of the MSDN Subscription Program:
7.1 General Use and Installation. Server Products may contain the following software:
o "Server Software" provides services or functionality on your server ((your computers capable of running the Server Software are"Servers");
o "Client Software" allows an electronic device (("Device") to access or utilize the Server Software.
Server Software.You may make, use, and install the Server Software on any number of Servers solely in accordance with Section 2, and the components of the Server Software may only be installed and used on one and the same Server.The media on which the Server Software resides may contain several versions of the server Software and the Connector Software (applicable to Microsoft Exchange Server only), each of which is compatible with a different microprocessor architecture (such as the x86 architecture or various RISC architectures). These multiple-architecture versions may be installed and used on different Servers solely for use by a licensed end user in accordance with Section 2. The Server Software may not be used as the software on the server that supports your development of software product(s)(e.g.,as a repository for source code).Client Software.You may make, use, and install the Client Software on any number of Devices solely for purposes of designing, developing, testing,and demonstrating software products created by you to operate with the Server Software.
7.2 Other Rights and Limitations
on Use of Server Products —General.
Performance or Benchmark Testing. You may not disclose the results of any benchmark test of either the Server Software or Client Software to any third party without Microsoft’s prior written approval.
7.3 Microsoft Windows for Workgroups or Windows 95 Software. The CD-ROM on which Windows NT Server resides may contain a copy of Windows for Workgroups or Windows 95 software. Note that in order to install or use this software, you must acquire a separate license for Windows for Workgroups or Windows 95.
7.4 Microsoft SNA Server (FOR BACKOFFICE SERVER VERSION 4.5 ONLY).
a. The 3270 and 5250 terminal emulation applets and the ODBC/DRDA driver provided with SNA Server are licensed for use only by one user per licensed copy of SNA Server.The applets may only be used to access or otherwise utilize the services of Microsoft SNA Server.
b. With respect to the SNA Server Development Software,Microsoft grants you the following nonexclusive,royalty-free right to install and use copies of the OLE DB Data Provider for AS/400 and VSAM,OLE DB Provider for DB2,ODBC Driver for DB2,and/or the COM Transaction Integrator for CICS and IMS and/or the Software Development Kit,if included,solely for the purpose of designing,developing, testing,and demonstrating your applications that work in conjunction with Microsoft SNA Server ("SNA Server Application [s ]").Portions of the SNA Server component of BackOffice Server Version 4.5 are also designated as "Redistributable Code." The text file named REDIS..TXT in the SNA Server portion of BackOffice Server Version 4.5 contains a list of such files,as well as the distribution rights associated with the SNA Server Redistributable Code.
c. You may use and modify the source code designated as "Sample Code" in the SAMPLES..TXT file for the sole purposes of designing,developing, testing, and demonstrating your SNA Server Application(s).You may also reproduce and distribute the Sample Code, along with any modifications you make thereto,provided that you comply with the Distribution Terms described in the SNA Server REDIST.TXT file. For purposes of this section, "modifications" shall mean enhancements to the functionality of the Sample Code..
7.5 Microsoft Exchange Server (FOR BACKOFFICE SERVER VERSION 4.5 ONLY).
a. Microsoft Exchange Server also includes the Source Extractor,Administrator,and Microsoft Mail Connector software. The Source Extractor, Administrator, and Microsoft Mail Connector programs contain components that may be installed on additional computers (i.e.,other than the Server on which the Server Software resides). Microsoft grants to you the additional right to modify the source code version of the Source Extractor programs. The Source Extractor may only be used to migrate data to Microsoft Exchange Server.
b. Sample Applications. Provided that you comply with the terms of Section 8.1, Microsoft grants you the nonexclusive, royalty-free right to use and modify the source code version of the Sample Applications and to reproduce and distribute the object code versions of such modifications in conjunction with your application that utilizes the services of Microsoft Exchange Server. 0702 Part No.X08-98491 *X08-98491*m
c. Outlook Web Access Software ("OWA Software").Microsoft grants you the nonexclusive,royalty-free right to use,customize,reproduce,and distribute the OWA Software,provided that (i)you comply with the terms of Section 8.1 ;and (ii)you include an End-User License Agreement with the OWA Software that grants a limited license to use the OWA Software and otherwise protects Microsoft ’s and its suppliers ’ intellectual property rights in the OWA Software..
7.6 Microsoft SQL Server.
Microsoft grants you the nonexclusive, royalty-free right to use, reproduce, and distribute the Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine ("MSDE")and the files listed in the REDIST.TXT file (collectively,the"Redistributable Code "), provided that you comply with the Distribution Terms listed in the REDIST.TXT file.If you choose to redistribute MSDE,you also agree:(a)that your application shall not substantially duplicate the capabilities of Microsoft Access or, in the reasonable opinion of Microsoft, complete with same; and (b)that unless your application requires your customers to license Microsoft Access in order to operate, you shall not reproduce or use MSDE for commercial distribution in conjunction with a general-purpose word processing, spreadsheet, or database management software product,or an integrated work or product suite whose components include a general-purpose word processing, spreadsheet, or database management software product except for the exclusive use of importing data to the various formats supported by Microsoft Access. Note: A product that includes limited word processing,spreadsheet,or database management components along with other components which provide significant and primary value, such as an accounting product with limited spreadsheet capability, is not considered to be a"general-purpose" product..
7.7 Site Server Software Development Kits ("Site Server SDK Software")(FOR BACKOFFICE SERVER VERSION 4.5 ONLY). Microsoft grants you the nonexclusive, royalty-free right to install and use copies of the Site Server SDK Software component of the BackOffice Server Version 4.5 solely for the purpose of designing, developing, testing, and demonstrating your applications that work in conjunction with Microsoft Site Server.You may modify the Site Server Sample Code to design, develop, test, and demonstrate your applications. For the purposes of this Section 7.7, "Site Server Sample Code" shall mean the sample source, HTML, and Active Server Pages (ASP)code located in Site Server "SDK" and "samples" directories. Portions of Site Server are designated as "Redistributable Code." The text files named REDIST..TXT and LICENSE.TXT, located in the Site Server portion of the BackOffice Server Test Platform, describe the distribution rights associated with each file of the Site Server Redistributable Code.
7.8 Systems Management Server.
a.You may install and use the Installer component of the Client Software ("SMS Installer")only on Devices used by a licensed end user of the Product and only for the purpose of creating installation programs through the use of SMS Installer ("Setup Programs"). You may also use and modify the source code designated as"Sample Code" in the SAMPLES.TXT file for the sole purposes of designing, developing, testing, and demonstrating your Setup Programs.
b.You may also install and use in object code form the Redistributable Code (as defined below),along with any modifications you may make to the Sample Code, only on Devices within your organization for a purpose other than creation of Setup Programs, provided that you: (i)reproduce and use the Redistributable Code only in conjunction with or as part of a Setup Program; (ii)have a valid Client Access License for any version of Microsoft Systems Management Server for each Device that uses the Redistributable Code;and (iii)indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Microsoft and its suppliers from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorney’s fees, that arise or result from the use of your Setup Program or any software installed by your Setup Program.You do not have any other right to install or use SMS Installer.
c.You may reproduce and distribute the files listed in the REDIST.TXT file (collectively referred to as"Redistributable Code"), along with any modifications you may make to the Sample Code, provided that you comply with the Distribution Terms listed in such REDIST.TXT file. Note that the Distribution Terms include, among other conditions, terms similar to those described in subsections 7.8(b)(i)–(iii)above.
7.9 Microsoft BackOffice Server.
a.Use of Administrator Tools.You may install and use the administrator tools on any Device within your organization.
b.Redistributable Code .You may modify, reproduce, and/or distribute the files listed in the REDIST.TXT file (collectively referred to as "Redistributable Code") provided that you comply with the Modification and Distribution Terms listed in such REDIST.TXT file.
7.10 Windows NT Server and Windows 2000 Server Product Line. The Server Software may be used by no more than four (4)processors of the Server at any one time.
7.11 Commerce Server/BizTalk Server,Host Integration Server (HIS),and Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA). You may redistribute and distribute the Sample Code, along with any modifications you make thereto (for purposes of this section,"modifications" shall mean enhancements to the functionality of the Sample Code), and any other files that may be listed and identified in a REDIST.TXT file as "redistributable" ((collectively, the "Redistributable Code") provided that you agree: (a)to distribute the Redistributable Code in object code form and only in conjunction with your application,which application adds significant and primary functionality to the Redistributable Code; (b)not to use Microsoft ’s name, logo, or trademarks to market the application; (c)to include a valid copyright notice in your name on the application; (d)to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Microsoft from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorneys fees, that arise or result from the use or distribution of the application; (e)to otherwise comply with the terms of this EULA; (f)that Microsoft reserves all rights not expressly granted.
7.12 Terminal Services Internet Connector. Microsoft grants you, solely for the purpose of demonstrating your software applications over the Internet and provided that such demonstration of your software is for evaluation purposes only and does not utilize production data, the right to use the Terminal Services Internet Connector License in conjunction with Windows 2000 Server Software. A maximum of 200 anonymous concurrent connections may access your software applications via the Terminal Services component of Windows 2000 Server Software.
7.13 Application Center 2000 Developer EditionM . "Testing" shall be deemed to include ((a)testing your software applications to ensure that they are deployable with Application Center 2000, and (b)the right to build integration points (such as monitors) and determine any effects of use. Testing does NOT include staging or testing in an operations environment where testing may be part of preproduction (reliability testing, performance testing, or systems testing).
8. Distribution Requirements/Identified Software.
8.1 Distribution Requirements.
If you choose to redistribute the Library Sample Code, Microsoft Exchange
Sample Applications, or OWA Software (for purposes of this Section 8.1,
collectively the"Redistributable Code ") with a software product
developed by you as described in this EULA (an "Application"), you
must (a)not permit further redistribution of the Library Sample Code by your
end-user customers; (b)not use Microsoft ’s name, logo, or trademarks to market
your Application; (c)include a valid copyright notice on your Application;
(d)agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Microsoft from and against any
claims or lawsuits, including attorney’s fees, that arise or result from the
use or distribution of your Application; (e)include "Copyright
8.2 Identified Software. The following terms and conditions apply only to (a)any software contained in BizTalk Server 2002 Developer Edition that is identified as software that you may modify and/or redistribute, and (b)software that is identified as software that you may modify and/or redistribute in any Component that you receive pursuant to this EULA after October 1,2001 [(a)and (b)collectively referred to as"Affected Code"].Your license rights to the Affected Code are conditioned upon your (i)not incorporating Identified Software into or combining Identified Software with the Affected Code or a derivative work thereof; (ii)not distributing Identified Software in conjunction with the Affected Code or a derivative work thereof; and (iii)not using Identified Software in the development of a derivative work of the Affected Code."Identified Software" means software which is licensed pursuant to terms that directly or indirectly ((1)create, or purport to create, obligations for Microsoft with respect to the Affected Code or derivative work thereof or (2)grant, or purport to grant, to any third party any rights or immunities under Microsoft ’s intellectual property or proprietary rights in the Affected Software or derivative work thereof. Identified Software includes, without limitation, any software that requires as a condition of use, modification and/or distribution of such software that other software incorporated into, derived from or distributed with such software be (A)disclosed or distributed in source code form; (B )be licensed for the purpose of making derivative works; or (C)be redistributable at no charge.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Microsoft and its suppliers provide the Product and support services (if any)AS IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS, and hereby disclaim all other warranties and conditions, either express, implied, or statutory, including,but not limited to, any (if any)implied warranties, duties or conditions of merchantability, of fitness for a particular purpose, of accuracy or completeness of responses, of results, of workmanlike effort, of lack of viruses, and of lack of negligence, all with regard to the Product, and the provision of or failure to provide support services. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION, CORRESPONDENCE TO DESCRIPTION, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH REGARD TO THE PRODUCT.
10. EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING,BUT NOT LIMITED TO,DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY, FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, FOR NEGLIGENCE, AND FOR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA, EVEN IN THE EVENT OF THE FAULT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY,BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF WARRANTY OF MICROSOFT OR ANY SUPPLIER, AND EVEN IF MICROSOFT OR ANY SUPPLIER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND REMEDIES. Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including,without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of Microsoft and any of its suppliers under any provision of this EULA and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing (except for any remedy of repair or replacement elected by Microsoft with respect to any breach of the Limited Warranty)shall be limited to the greater of the amount actually paid by you for the Product or U.S.$5.00. The foregoing limitations, exclusions, and disclaimers (including Sections 9 and 10 above and as stated in the Limited Warranty)shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
12. NOTE ON JAVA SUPPORT. THE PRODUCT MAY CONTAIN SUPPORT FOR PROGRAMS WRITTEN IN JAVA. JAVA TECHNOLOGY IS NOT FAULT TOLERANT AND IS NOT DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, OR INTENDED FOR USE OR RESALE AS ONLINE CONTROL EQUIPMENT IN HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENTS REQUIRING FAIL-SAFE PERFORMANCE, SUCH AS IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL, DIRECT LIFE SUPPORT MACHINES,OR WEAPONS SYSTEMS, IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF JAVA TECHNOLOGY COULD LEAD DIRECTLY TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. Sun Microsystems, Inc.has contractually obligated Microsoft to make this disclaimer.
13. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This EULA (including any addendum or amendment to this EULA which is included with the Product) are the entire agreement between you and Microsoft relating to the Product and the Support Services (if any)and they supersede all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals, and representations with respect to the Product or any other subject matter covered by this EULA. To the extent the terms of any Microsoft policies or programs for Support Services conflict with the terms of this EULA, the terms of this EULA shall control.
14. The Product is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. Microsoft or its suppliers own the title, copyright,and other intellectual property rights in the Product. The Product is licensed, not sold.
If you acquired this product in the United States, this EULA is governed by the laws of the State of Washington. If you acquired this Product in Canada, unless expressly prohibited by local law, this EULA is governed by the laws in force in the Province of Ontario, Canada, and in respect of any dispute which may arise hereunder, you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal and provincial courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.If this Product was acquired outside the United States, then local law may apply. Should you have any questions concerning this EULA,or if you desire to contact Microsoft for any reason, please contact the Microsoft subsidiary serving your country, or write: Microsoft Sales Information Center/One Microsoft Way/Redmond,WA 98052-6399.
Si vous avez acquis votre produit Microsoft au CANADA, la garantie limitée suivante vous concerne :
DÉNI DE GARANTIES.Dans la mesure maximale permise par les lois applicables, le Produit et les services de soutien technique (le cas échéant)sont fournis TELS QUELS ET AVEC TOUS LES DÉFAUTS par Microsoft et ses fournisseurs, lesquels par les présentes dénient toutes autres garanties et conditions expresses, implicites ou en vertu de la loi, notamment (le cas échéant)les garanties, devoirs ou conditions implicites de qualité marchande, d ’adaptation à un usage particulier, d ’exactitude ou d ’exhaustivité des réponses, des résultats, des efforts déployés selon les règles de l ’art,d ’absence de virus et de négligence, le tout à l ’égard du Produit et de la prestation des services de soutien technique ou de l ’omission d ’une telle prestation. PAR AILLEURS,IL N ’Y A AUCUNE GARANTIE OU CONDITION QUANT AU TITRE DE PROPRIÉTÉ, À LA JOUISSANCE OU LA POSSESSION PAISIBLE,À LA CONCORDANCE À UNE DESCRIPTION NI QUANT À UNE ABSENCE DE CONTREFAÇON CONCERNANT LE PRODUIT. EXCLUSION DES DOMMAGES ACCESSOIRES, INDIRECTS ET DE CERTAINS AUTRES DOMMAGES. DANS LA MESURE MAXIMALE PERMISE PAR LES LOIS APPLICABLES, EN AUCUN CAS MICROSOFT OU SES FOURNISSEURS NE SERONT RESPONSABLES DES DOMMAGES SPÉCIAUX, CONSÉCUTIFS, ACCESSOIRES OU INDIRECTS DE QUELQUE NATURE QUE CE SOIT (NOTAMMENT,LES DOMMAGES À L ’ÉGARD DU MANQUE À GAGNER OU DE LA DIVULGATION DE RENSEIGNEMENTS CONFIDENTIELS OU AUTRES,DE LA PERTE D ’EXPLOITATION,DE BLESSURES CORPORELLES,DE LA VIOLATION DE LA VIE PRIVÉE,DE L ’OMISSION DE REMPLIR TOUT DEVOIR,Y COMPRIS D ’AGIR DE BONNE FOI OU D ’EXERCER UN SOIN RAISONNABLE, DE LA NÉGLIGENCE ET DE TOUTE AUTRE PERTE PÉCUNIAIRE OU AUTRE PERTE DE QUELQUE NATURE QUE CE SOIT)SE RAPPORTANT DE QUELQUE MANIÈRE QUE CE SOIT À L ’UTILISATION DU PRODUIT OU À L ’INCAPACITÉ DE S ’EN SERVIR,À LA PRESTATION OU À L ’OMISSION D ’UNE TELLE PRESTATION DE SERVICES DE SOUTIEN TECHNIQUE OU AUTREMENT AUX TERMES DE TOUTE DISPOSITION DU PRÉSENT EULA OU RELATIVEMENT À UNE TELLE DISPOSITION, MÊME EN CAS DE FAUTE,DE DÉLIT CIVIL (Y COMPRIS LA NÉGLIGENCE), DE RESPONSABILITÉ STRICTE,DE VIOLATION DE CONTRAT OU DE VIOLATION DE GARANTIE DE MICROSOFT OU DE TOUT FOURNISSEUR ET MÊME SI MICROSOFT OU TOUT FOURNISSEUR A ÉTÉ AVISÉ DE LA POSSIBILITÉ DE TELS DOMMAGES.
LIMITATION DE RESPONSABILITÉ ET RECOURS. Malgré les dommages que vous puissiez subir pour quelque motif que ce soit (notamment,tous les dommages susmentionnés et tous les dommages directs ou généraux), l ’obligation intégrale de Microsoft et de l ’un ou l ’autre de ses fournisseurs aux termes de toute disposition du présent EULA et votre recours exclusif à l ’égard de tout ce qui précède (sauf en ce qui concerne tout recours de réparation ou de remplacement choisi par Microsoft à l ’égard de tout manquement à la garantie limitée)se limite au plus élevé entre les montants suivants :le montant que vous avez réellement payé pour le Produit ou 5,00 $US.Les limites,exclusions et dénis qui précèdent (y compris les clauses ci-dessus),s ’appliquent dans la mesure maximale permise par les lois applicables, même si tout recours n ’atteint pas son but essentiel.
La présente Convention est régie par les lois de la province
Au cas où vous auriez des questions concernant cette licence ou que vous désiriez vous mettre en rapport avec Microsoft pour quelque raison que ce soit, veuillez contacter la succursale Microsoft desservant votre pays, dont l ’adresse est fournie dans ce produit, ou écrivez à :Microsoft Sales Information Center,One Microsoft Way,Redmond,Washington 98052-6399.